An arrow-shaped steel slug with stabilizing wad and side-wads. Galvanized to prevent environmental impact. Lead-free, doesn’t contain lead or heavy metals, environment-friendly.
- Effective penetration of car radiator and engine.
- Suitable for penetration of tires, wheels
and other metal parts of the vehicle.
- Good accuracy in longer distances
- Penetration of metal plates and other metal parts
- Penetration of brick, plywood and metal walls
- Penetration of bulletproof vests
History and backgroundAP-20 was designed to reach light-armored targets, penetrate thick walls with a hard, sharp, pointed projectile.
Mechanism – Technology
Non-deformable, rigid main body of slug with sharp, arrow-like shape that cuts through the target without deformation. Slug is encased in polymer sabot-wad to guide it safely through the barrel. Steel technologies and special shape of slug concentrates the energy in one point with small area that allow to penetrate targets that are resistant to soft, lead-like material slugs.
Potential targets and applications
- Tactical operations
- Short range combat in urban area
- Car stopping
- Penetration of hidden targets
- Penetration of armored targets
- Penetration of targets behind a cover
- Allows the use of all types of chokes
- Designed for smooth bore weapons, suitable also for use in rifled barrels
- Functions well in pump-action weapons