A hollow pointed expanding steel slug with possibility to fragment, encased in polymer, galvanized to prevent environmental impact. Lead-free, doesn’t contain lead or heavy metals, environment-friendly.
- Effective stopping power for large animals
and other living targets
- Suitable for penetration of tires, wheels
and other metal parts of the vehicle.
- Penetration of metal plates and other metal parts
- Penetration of plywood and metal walls
History and backgroundHexolit 32S originated from Hexolit 32 hunting slug cartridge when technical characteristics, accuracy and capabilities of this powerful hunting round were considered as a better solution that replaced usual lead ammunition in situations where impact in large area combined with deep penetration and effective transfer of energy were required.
Mechanism – TechnologyExpanding steel main body of slug with 6 expanding petals in forepart provides fast expansion of the slug and effective transfer of the energy. Depending on the target slug expands and remains in one piece (hard targets) or fragments (soft and dense targets) impacting large area with splinters and penetrating deep with the main body of slug. Slug provides effective stopping power and ability to transfer large amounts of energy immediately after hitting the target. If compared with slug and buckshot combination, Hexolit 32S fragments only after hitting the target and delivers the energy to the target without losses during the flight.
Potential targets and applications
- Tactical operations
- Short range combat in jungle, urban area or on ships
- Effective stopping of attacking large animals or other living targets
- Entry – door opening or destruction of walls
- Car stopping
- EOD operations
- Suitable for use in any type of 12 gauge shotgun
- Allows the use of all types of chokes
- Designed for smooth bore weapons, suitable also for use in rifled barrels
- Functions well both in pump-action and semi-automatic weapons