A steel slug with flat forepart, encased in polymer, galvanized to prevent environmental impact. Lead-free, doesn’t contain lead or heavy metals, environment-friendly.
- Effective penetration of frontal car radiator and engine.
- Suitable for penetration of tires, wheels and other
metal parts of the vehicle.
- Penetration of thick bushes and dense grass
with no deviation from initial direction
- Penetration of metal plates, bars and other metal parts
- Penetration of brick, plywood and metal walls
- Reduced ricochet and fragmentation possibility
History and background
Monolit 32S originated from Monolit 32 hunting slug cartridge when technical characteristics, accuracy and capabilities of this powerful hunting round were considered as a better solution that replaced usual lead slug ammunition in situations where deep penetration, reduced ricochet possibilities and effective transfer of energy were required.
Mechanism – Technology
Non-deformable, rigid main body of slug with sharp frontal edges that cut through the target without deformation and deviation. Self-stabilizing surfaces of slug improves accuracy and retention of initial flight direction. Slug provides effective transfer of energy with flat forepart of slug. Steel technologies and special shape of slug provide ability to penetrate targets that are resistant to soft, lead-like material slugs.
Potential targets and applications
- Tactical operations
- Short range combat in jungle, urban area or on ships
- Entry – door opening or destruction of walls
- Destruction of communication lines
- Car stopping
- Penetration of hidden targets
- Penetration of armored targets
- Penetration of targets behind a cover
- EOD operations
- Suitable for use in any type of 12 gauge shotgun
- Allows the use of all types of chokes
- Designed for smooth bore weapons, suitable also for use in rifled barrels
- Functions well both in pump-action and semi-automatic weapons